* We try to equip our gates with Card readers however we still have times where the readers wont work so Be Prepared to Pay with Cash
The Christmas Train was started in 2009 when the Loflin Family had an idea to share the true meaning of Christmas with the community and have a place loved ones can come out and create memories with their family.
Address for event: 4259 Handy Road, Denton, NC 27239
When you arrive to the Denton FarmPark for the Country Christmas Train you get to walk down the lighted candy cane path to the train station where we have a live santa for families to take pictures. You can then get on the Handy Dandy RailRoad and take a ride around our mile in a half track and see some christmas lights and see a short movie about the True meaning of Christmas. Along the ride you will also see a live nativity scene, Dedication to the military, and even Elves for the children. When you finish the train ride stop by the Gingerbread house to see Laramie’s Cakery for fresh baked goods and gingerbread cookies being made in front of you. Continue down the lighted pathway to see the Grist Mill, a petting zoo, Horse drawn carriage rides, General store, Radio Museum, Church, Shoe shop, Gas station, Myres car shop, Doll Museum, and Coke Museum. We will Have Rides for the kids to enjoy like a Farris Wheel, Swinging tubs, and more. After you see the tiny christmas village with all the lights, Vendors, and interesting Historical artifacts you can get a tram ride down to the plantation. At the Plantation you will see what life was like a Long time ago. See the Black Smith working in his shop, the plantation house and how people lived and cooked, in the sleeping quarters see how to make how to make candles. When your done, ride the tram back to modern times and follow the path to the Craft barn and finish your night out with some good food and many crafts inside before you head back home!
* Gates open @ 4:30 and the Park Closes Friday & Saturday @11:00pm OR 30 minutes after the last train ride. – Every other night We close at 10:00pm OR 30 minutes after the last train ride.
Things to remember:
- The Park is Equipped with ATMs because not all our vendors are able to take card.
- Camping is allowed but Very limited and must keep your lights out during the hours of the event so our Guests can see the beautiful christmas lights.
- We are pet friendly as long as your pet is friendly, kept on a leash, and you clean up after your pet.
- Restrooms are available on site.
- We offer handicap parking and if you need help up and or down the hill we have a staffed golf cart to carry you to the bottom and or top of the hill.
Tickets Sales End at 9:30PM on Fridays and Saturdays – Every other day ticket sales End at 9:00PM!
*Admission includes 1 Free train ride, access to all buildings along the lighted pathway and unlimited tram rides to the plantation and back to the village. All other activates and shopping are controlled by individual venders and charged accordingly.
Children 5-11: $6
Children 4 and under are FREE
Groups of 15 or more takes $1 off each ticket.
* If you want to ride the train more than once Tickets are $10 each for Adults and $5 for Children