*Gates are equipped with card readers; however, there are occasions when the readers don’t work. Be prepared to pay with cash.
Address for event: 4259 Handy Road, Denton, NC 27239
Tickets Sales start at 4:30 and end at 8:30pm ~ Country Christmas Train Dates ~ Nov. 24-26; Dec. 1–3; 7–10; Dec. 14–17, 20-23, 26 & 27, 2023
The Christmas Train was started in 2009 when The Loflin Family had an idea to share the true meaning of Christmas with the community and offer a place loved ones can create memories with their families.
When you arrive at the Denton FarmPark for the Country Christmas Train you walk down Candy Cane Lane to the train station. You may visit Santa at the train depot to have professional photos made. Then board the Handy Dandy Railroad to take a ride around our 1.5 mile track to view the beautiful Christmas lights and a short movie about the TRUE meaning of Christmas. Along the ride you will also see a live nativity scene, dedication to the military, and even dancing elves for the children. After the train ride, stop by the Gingerbread House to visit Laramie’s Cakery for fresh baked goods and gingerbread cookies being made right in front of you. Continue down the lighted pathway to see the Grist Mill, a petting zoo, The General Store, Radio Museum, Church, Shoe Shop, Gas Station, Myers Car Shop, Doll Museum, and Coke Museum. Weather permitting, rides for the kids are available to enjoy like a ferris wheel, swinging tubs, and more. Don’t forget to hop on the tram, beside the Doll Museum, for a ride to the Reid Plantation. At the plantation, you will see what life was like in the 1800s. Visit the black smith shop, and the plantation house where you will find candle making. When you’re done, ride the tram back to modern times and follow the path to the craft barn. Finish your night out with some good food and crafts inside before you head back home!
*Horse Drawn Wagon Rides – $8 for adults, $5 for kids (4-11), and 3 and under are free!
* Gates open @ 4:30, ticket sales END at 8:30 pm. The park closes 30 minutes after the last train ride.
Santa Pictures– 2 pictures for $15.00 – CASH ONLY. NO cell phones allowed outside your pocket or pocketbook in the Santa House. Additional photos can be purchased. *There is no charge to visit with Santa but phones are NOT allowed.
Tickets Sales End at 8:30pm!
*Admission includes: parking, 1 train ride ($10 value), access to all buildings and museums along the lighted pathway, unlimited tram rides to the plantation and back to the village, demonstration viewing, and live entertainment. All other activities, including kiddy rides and shopping, are controlled by individual vendors and charged accordingly.
Children 5-11: $6
Children 4 and under are FREE
Groups of 15 or more are discounted $3 off each adult ticket at the gate. * Tickets purchased in advance are $5 off per adult in a group of 15 or more!
Advance Tickets – Buy Tickets Soon
* If you want to ride the train more than once Tickets are $10 each for Adults and $5 for Children
Purchase Tickets online or at the Gate!
Things to remember:
- We try to equip our gates with Card readers however we still have times where the readers wont work so Be Prepared to Pay with Cash
- Highly recommended that everyone visits the entire park down to the plantation before riding the train. The train rides are Guaranteed if your in line by 9pm, so be sure to get the full experience by taking your time and let the train ride be how you end your evening.
- The Park is Equipped with ATMs because not all our vendors are able to take card. ATM’s are located in the Craft Barn and the General Store.
- We are pet friendly as long as your pet is friendly, kept on a leash, and you clean up after your pet. If your pet rides the train, they must be kept in your lap so they are not stressed by the movement, people, or noises!
- Restrooms are available on site. Please help us to keep them as clean as possible.
- The rides cost extra and will need to make note, this is a independent vendor and each ride takes a different amount of tickets.
- We offer handicap parking and if you need help up and or down the hill we have a staffed golf cart to carry you to the bottom and or top of the hill.
- Our event is rain or shine. If we do cancel it will be posted on our Facebook .
- All I-tickets are good for any day of this season! we look at the year you pay for not the exact date. Any tickets with a different year will not be honored.
- Tickets are non transferable.
Christmas Train Entertainers
**Entertainment schedule subject to change without notice**
- The diesel engine 202 will be operating during this event.
- Train rides will be every 30 min until the train line is empty at or after 9pm.
- Keep all windows closed at all times during your train ride.
- While the train is moving please stay seated, turn your phone volume down and your flashes off.
- If you need anything please see your car host.
– Minimum to no lights on outside your camper and keep shades drawn, between the hours of 5-12pm.
– No fires allowed or music in the campground. We don’t want to draw attention to the area.